Bach Cello Suite No.1

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Salvador Dali

Salvador Dali is a weird dude.

That's my first impression when I first saw him.
I call him Mustache Man sometimes XD
I mean look at him.




MUSTACHEEEEE!!!!!!!!
XD

Ok I'm done being crazy.

But it is true that he is a very strange person-which I assume all artists are to some extent, but his personality was just......peculiar at the time. I guess it's this type of personality that gave him this kind of revolutionary talent, and also vise versa. They can't live without each other because they made each other. Such a beautiful relationship.

Anyway, I like his paintings, maybe because he's a surrealist and I like surrealists. I usually like paranoia unless it hurts other people and then it turns bad. But Salavador Dali is not like that and I respect him for that. :)

I think his paintings are revolutionary and very imaginative.
My favourite piece is the Salvador Dali's version of the Cruxificion



It gives a 3 dimensional feelings to the painting with an unorthodox style. I like how Christ was being penetrated on the cross that is made of floating cubes. It gives a modern touch to a classical theme. And I like how Christ's expression was tilting away from the viewer so that it cannot be seen. Mary regards her son on the crucifix with an almost unconcerned expression. Very interesting. And it's also weird how Christ have this immaculate body without stains or blood.




And of course, the most famous Dali painting. Persistence of Memory.
I have no idea what this painting is about. But I like it. I have an idea how this painting is like a protrayal of inside people's brains. Like how all these times we've had in our memories are lying around in our brains and some fragments are just dying in it.
It's my guess anyway. I think a lot of people have already came up with that. :P
Well.
He's a weird dude. But with talent.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment