Bach Cello Suite No.1

Sunday, October 24, 2010

About the Greek

WOW.....I'm updating my blog at the very constant rate now...haha :D

Every single Sunday..I didn't realize that until today XDD

This is great, I really hope I can keep up because I tend to get extremely lazy after a while.

Hmm I wanna do a post about classical music sometime...I hope I can get to do that next week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


GREEK PEOPLE WERE AWESOME.


That's what I've been thinking for a long time.

When I was little, I used to love reading all the stories and the Greek gods and things like that. Doesn't horoscopes come from the Greek myths too?


Seriously, Greek myth is the most interesting and most intricate and most fascinating myths at the time. I love how the Greeks made the gods resemble humans. I think it can tie the people very closely to their own religion because they can relate to the stories so well.


And it's amazing that the Greeks still have so many influence on the modern society, next to the ancient Romans.


See, many handsome people are usually described as "Greek God" and things like that.

And also the beauty of nudity. (But since I am still a teenager....yeah nudity kind of makes me feel awkward..)

And finally, the horoscopes, like I have said before.


Okay, now for the arts.


I was able to see many great masterpieces in the book I bought :)

I very much admire the way their sculptures were made. Instead of the linear version of just one side, it is basically natural in very angle. And their clothes pattern....just wow. It doesn't have any repetition or anything, it just looks so natural and so close to our modern art. It's like the clothes just smoothly flows and you can just touch the soft fabric in your hand.


My favourite, is of course. "The Charioteer".




Apparently it was placed in Delphi, which was believe to be the center and the most sacred place on Earth. It's significance is very obvious. But it is such a shame that we do not get the see the original version of Apollo standing on the chariot with the four horses....It must look stunning. It also used to have silver embellishment on Apollo's body to make him look more gracious but it was lost also...
It's elegance can also tell one the importance of the Phthian Games. I love the appreciation the Greek people had to competition. I wonder if the Roman's Lion Fighting stuff was adopted from the Greeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment